Wednesday, October 13, 2010

... new vege patch...



...gardening always seemed to me like such a grown-up thing to do... then again so did crochet (see below - must be solidly "in my 30's" :P)... I've dabbled mostly with potted stuff (or mini gardens in old wheelbarrows/etc) for a few years now... decided I wanted an actual patch for my birthday this year... silverbeet wasn't growing in pots and usually grows like a weed doesn't it?!?!... anyway I'm still sampling/ trying things in a small way... so we have a few silverbeet/ lettuce/ celery in the ground and under shadecloth... newly potted mint (burnt the last one) and the random self-seeded parsley that needed to be moved.. and cherry tomatoes in various sunny spots to see where they like it best... see how they go when I'm home more to talk to them (and possibly more importantly water and weed them)... and then hope they can survive on their own for a while in Australian sun while we desert them for NZ summer holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment