Thursday, March 17, 2011

...sleeping sac...

 ...this project has been on my to-do list for this winter since pregnancy ... but when lil ice-block was waking during the night again for a hot milk warm-up it got bumped right up that list... still took me a while as I've gone back to work part-time... guess it's obvious, but being full time mum of two, part-time worker, full time housewife does not leave much time or energy for creativity... kinda why I got lazy with the quilting on the front... I started doing a hit n miss kinda thing from the shoulder (totally in love with that idea at the mo)... but then figured this would look really fun too...


...the strips were already cut (during pregnancy) with a cot quilt in mind... which hasn't been started as I can't decide on which quilt style/ pattern to use... but doing this was interesting reconnaissance mission for that project to work with the main colours I'd planned and other bits from the stash.... a stash I need to use up as much as possible as we're moving home to NZ soon - YAY!!

...pattern for the sac is from anna maria horner's book... although as per usual I cannot just Follow. A. Pattern... and made this one MUCH longer...to hopefully last out her first winter...maybe she'll get a quilt to match sometime during that time too...she's already learning that when she goes in the sac it's sleepy time... bliss...

1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting that project finished. It sounds like you're flat out!

    ReplyDelete