Monday, December 13, 2010

...bag tags...




...our friend Ty turned 5!!... we bought him his official school issue school bag for his present...and since all the bags look the same (obviously).... I made him bag tags similar to ones my boy has...and like ones I made my entire family for Xmas a few years back... Ty loves Transformers (again stating the obvious?!) so I used the pictures from his invite... the back of the tags has his full name on one and his address/ phone number on the other... a great 5 year old gift idea I think...

....while I'm thinking about Ty and his family.... I love how my 7 year old plays with Ty despite the age (and size difference).... reminds me what a loving, good kid I've got....

...also... Ty's family lives about 200m away from us - but across one residential street... this street is not busy per se... but my boy walked himself to the birthday party on the weekend (including crossing the road by himself) because mum and lil sister weren't quite ready and he didn't wanna miss out on ANYTHING!.... he ended up staying at their place for about 8hrs that day.... anyway - my question is.... what do y'all think about letting our kids out in the neighbourhood to play with their friends... including road safety stuff?? My training and research tells me kids can't judge car speed/ cross roads safely til 8 years old... and I'm infamous for getting my knickers in a twist over carseats/ using crossings/ road safety... but I think I'm almost comfortable with letting do this much by himself now...

No comments:

Post a Comment